Mental Health Awareness for Managers
(4 hour program)
Enable your managers to identify and work with mental health issues in their staff
Mental health issues can affect workplace performance, absenteeism and productivity. If managers are apprehensive about approaching an employee with a mental health concern, this can lead to problems within the team – including decreased morale and lack of cooperation.
This program is specifically designed to help managers become more sensitive to employee behavioural changes that may stem from mental health issues so that they can take appropriate actions. They will learn a framework for approaching employees to offer help before the situation becomes more serious.
Note: CDA Training & Development will customize the case studies to reflect your specific work environment. See our case studies page to see how we’ve adapted programs for our clients.
- Increase awareness and understanding of mental health problems. Early intervention leads to better outcomes.
- Increase sensitivity to mental health issues, helping to create an environment where the employee may feel safe to approach manager/supervisor.
- Decrease absenteeism and presenteism.
- Decrease the number of short term disability claims.
- Increase productivity and improve performance.
What participants will learn
What are mental health concerns?
Increase literacy and compassion and decrease stigma
Substance related disorders Learn to recognise the signs and symptoms of substance use and how to help
Learn about signs and symptoms of depression and bipolar and how to help
Learn about some of the types of anxiety disorders, the signs and symptoms and how to help
Learn the importance of self-care in regards to looking after their own mental health.
Framework for responding
Decrease the feelings of apprehension when approaching employees who may be struggling. Participants will practice using this framework.
Who this is for
- Managers and supervisors who have employees who report to them.
- Companies that would like to educate their managers before an incident occurs.
- Companies who want to increase their managers’ knowledge about mental health to better serve their employees/ co-workers.
Content can be customized to meet the needs of your company.
Contact Carla today to discuss your needs.