Mental Health First Aid
Participants will learn to support a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis..
This program is like a physical first aid program – except with a focus on MENTAL health.
Have your employees ever had to deal with a mental health challenge – and did not know what to do?
This course is a must have for all people who work with the public and anyone interested in learning about mental health and mental health problems.
Learn to identify and help someone who is experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or is in a mental health crisis situation
Participants will learn how to…
- Recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health or substance-use crisis
- Have conversations that encourage a person to:
- Talk about their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance-use crisis situation
- Check in with one’s own mental well-being and take action as needed
- Mental Health First Aid Standard (MHFA): 12 hour course is offered in-person format. The focus is on adult mental health problems.
- Mental Health First Aid Standard (MHFA): 8 hours course is offered through a blended format. The focus is on adult mental health problems.
- MHFA for Adults who Interact with Youth: a 14 hour training with a focus on youth between the ages of 12-24 with mental health problems. Includes all the content in the MHFA Basic along with deliberate self-injury and eating disorders.
- MHFA Train-the-trainer Course: this course is delivered on behalf of the Mental Health Commission of Canada. This week long instructor training program will certify you to teach the MHFA courses to the general public.
This evidence-based program is a program of Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC)
Contact Carla today to discuss your needs.